1. Someone is dying, but he can’t tell who– they’ve woven themselves together so tightly in the overmind that they’ve lost track.
2. There are more important things, and less important things, but it’s a small brown kitten with eyes the color of snow that catches his attention.
3. Life has never been linear, it’s a chaotic mix of past and present and future jumbled together to create a sense of ‘now’ that only lasts a heartbeat.
4. Could-have-beens taste like sand and he aches for something to drink as she drags him across a desert of regret.
5. “‘Why’ is never a good question,” the dragon said. “You’ll never get the answer you want to hear.”