1. There are no windows on spaceships, not even the landing craft. They are far too complex for humans to fly and the AIs have found that windows just encourage them to try.
2. Before he could stop her she stepped off the ledge, arms spread wide and laughing. He watched her fall, her manic confidence crumbling to fear when he didn’t follow.
3. They’ve drawn lines in the sands for generations– this time they build them out of stone.
4. “It was supposed to be a surprise.” She was grumpy in the way all pre-teens react when the universe doesn’t quite bend to their whims.
He smiled and didn’t ruffle her hair, “When you’ve lived here long enough you can tell by the pitch of the winds when someone’s coming through the canyons.”
5. Soil is rare in the Midnight Mountains, the hills and cliffs are a jumble of night-black obsidian and smokey quartz.
Leave a Reply