1. The night is unnaturally still and silent and he wonders if the forest can tell the king is about to die.
2. Immortals lose track of their humanity as the years roll by, falling out of step as the world thunders ever forward. They change, but they change so slowly that no one notices– reduced to static snapshots of their pasts.
3. The stained glass casts faint shadows within the chapel, great golden wings that fan out across the stones in stylized defiance of bad omens. An irony that’s lost on all but four of the assembled…
4. Just as the computer finally boots, the video card dies with a snap and tiny puff of blue smoke, victim of a wet dog nose and static. Bella licks her nose and gives me a mournfully accusing glare, as only basset hounds are built to do.
Mouse-smell, She says, leaning forward as I try to push her away to and salvage my poor desktop.
5. When magic was shaped by will alone, it was lack of imagination that killed off wizards.
Leave a Reply