1. Life is seldom prone to tipping points, where you can say ‘yes, this spot here, this was when it all went wrong.’
2. “Very nice, now next time if you could manage to just destroy the building we were aiming at, that would be peachy.”
3. She’d quickly discovered that ‘Under the Mountain’ was a very bad place to hide since almost all storytellers everywhere (and everywhen) made reference to it at least once.
4. If gas giants are water planets, then the Earth is a shallow pond indeed.
5. “Give me the crown.” He paused in front of the throne where the child-king wept, head in his hands.
“I can’t, I tried, I really did.” He looked up, face and hands streaked with dust and tears and blood, beseeching, “It won’t come off, they won’t let me go. I tried, please– I don’t want to die.”