This little gal started out life as a dappled grey custom painted by an unknown artist. I got her in a body box from eBay and was planning on repainting her—then she was damaged in the move from Iowa to Virginia.
I figured the easiest way to salvage her was to change the dappled grey into a bay going gray, which would allow me to color over the worst of the damage. It would also help tempter out the very dramatic dappling that the original artist had given her.
I went back over Glory first with acrylic paints and then with Prismacolor pencils for detailing. As you can see she turned out as an okay photo show horse, but not within yelling distance of live show quality.
Still, I was pretty pleased with the way she turned out at the time and she didn’t spend as long on eBay as I had thought she would. Sometimes people buy horses just as shelf pieces, and that’s fine by me.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up in someone else’s body lot down the road… Our hobby does love to recycle! *grin*
Medium: Acrylics and Prismacolor Pencils
Status: Painted 2003 and Sold March 2003