1. They’re quickly approaching zero, but any probability, no matter how small, is still a chance.
2. Kindness was the most insidious of weapons and he wielded it with the grace of long practice. He made sure they owed him, each and every one, but they were such small favors that no one realizes how far his web had grown.
3. Appearances were everything when it came to making and keeping clients. No one cared how good you were if you didn’t match up to their visual expectations.
4. Archers were few and far between, wood was too precious to waste on arrows. Rocks, on the other hand, were plentiful and the army had no few slingers whose aim made kestrels weep with envy.
5. She could read auras, not as well as her mother or her sisters, but well enough to tell their latest customer was not their average clientele.