1. Snow covered the forest in a darkening blanket, for the moment held aloft by leaves grown massive in the tiny gravity.
2. Ambushes are actually relatively easy to predict when your opponent is reduced to medieval warfare– but sometimes you have to take the route you know is dangerous and hope your luck is good enough to make it through.
3. It doesn’t matter how in fashion a style is, zebra stripes only look good on zebras.
4. “Last one in’s a rotten egg!” Ric dashed towards the hot springs with gleeful whoop. Ty was only a half-step behind and gaining ground.
Yuma made no move to follow. “Aren’t those sulfur springs?”
“Yeah?” Rill frowned, confused. “So?”
“Then wouldn’t it be the first one in the pool…?”
5. Someday they would look back on these few terrifying hours and he wondered if their choices would seem as rational then. The world was so much simpler when you were about to die.