1. Even the smallest sound chased her down the hallways, echoing into a thundering cascade of noise.
2. The Khriss didn’t care if they were ‘real’ diamonds; natural flaws were flaws.
3. “Tab A into Slot B?” Michael frowned at the instructions and then back at the pile of parts, “Don’t they mean Slot A and Tab A? Why not just say yellow plug into yellow socket?”
4. Anything was not always better than nothing, at least not when it came to things that went bump in the night.
5. Alice had never understood hate, it was such a human thing to dislike something so intensely. Anger was a temporary distraction, but hatred burned slow and deep and she wasn’t quite sure how to revise such stubborn programming.