1. It was a faint sound, a wavering cry all the more disturbing for it’s tenor.
2. The light was creeping across the ground inch by inch, consuming everything that could not flee.
3. A world without magic was– different. Transforming them from Gods to tinkerers, but having lost nothing in the process.
4. This was the last of it, three shimmering grains of sand and then the life he’d horded so carefully would be spent. He wasted them all on one last night with her… and spent eternity without regret.
5. Something, something– it was there just on the edge of hearing, and it was driving her mad.