1. The world is quieter today. The winds are finally still, but the forest still holds its breath, waiting for the other tower to fall.
2. Out here figures of speech get people killed, so shut up, load up, and let’s go put a pox on both their households.
3. It wasn’t an apple, but it was close enough for pie. Cooking wasn’t the sort of challenge he’d been expecting, but Eric found himself reveling in the quirky changes between the worlds.
4. Once is bad luck, twice is bad planning, three times? Well, three times means it was time to throw out the chalk and stop summoning demons.
5. Dogs will always answer honestly, they just don’t have any tact. Ferrets turn everything into a parable about mice. Cats on the other won’t answer me at all.