Mold: Saddlebred (G2)
Color: Red Chestnut Tobiano
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
As you can tell from the photos (and the bonus head scan) this little gal was one of my earlier customs.
She one of my first attempts at altering the Saddlebred mold into something a little more interesting. I got in a lot of this mold in from the dealer (I ordered in quantities and she’d send me whatever wasn’t selling well) and I was trying to find new things to do with them.
Even with the high set of the tail, it made a pretty big visual impact to remove the ribbons and add the forelock. Although I moved on to hackneys and draft crosses, working with this little gal and All Night Long taught me the basics of what to do (and what not to do!) with this mold.
As an amusing aside– Dance was one of the few chestnuts that I painted that wasn’t flaxen. I lean more towards a sharp contrast between the coat and the mane,