1. They are Givers of the Last Gift, ghosts walking the battlefields robed in vibrant yellow. Yellow for the sun, and the warmth, and the flowers that spring from their footsteps. As many a man that prays this day for the white of the healers, prays for the touch of the yellow.
2. School changes you, forces you to adapt to the fact that Darwin’s Law is alive and well in suburbia.
3. Werewolves are myths and have always been myths, but people love to cling to what they know and our killer seemed determined to keep them happy.
4. The thing she missed the most from Earth was eggs. There were no birds here, no reptiles, not even a platypus to keep things interesting. Breakfast just didn’t seem the same, even if Eric had managed to find the local version of pancakes and bacon.
5. Space was vast. Really really vast. She squinted at the map, zoomed in, zoomed out, and sat back in the chair with a sigh.
“We’re lost?” Scot gave her a worried frown from under the console where he was still trying to rewire the aft landing controls.
“Nope, but it’ll take us a month to get in range to signal for help.”
There was a pause. “I think I’d prefer we were lost.”