1. She took her grandfather’s sword and went out in the world to seek her fortune. Two years later she came back home with a tinker’s wagon, a talking donkey for a husband and a burning desire to never ever seek fortunes again… So fortunes took to seeking her instead.
2. Silences are long and short, heavy and pregnant, empty and still. They creep into the places between words, between breaths, and multiply until you can’t breathe for drowning in them. Which is why I never stop talking, it’s the only way to stay safe…
3. “This is the part where things get messy,” he gave her a pointed look and she frowned, confused.
“What? Oh yeah, got it, that’s my bit.” Her grin was back, only this time it had way too many teeth.
4. No one knew why they called it the Singing Rocks– true, the wind did make noises as it wound through the honeycombs, but the screams and wails could hardly be called singing.
5. No one could out-Evil the Magnificent Missy McCormack on her best day and this was certainly not her best day.