Mold: Scrambling Foal (G2)
Color: Buckskin Blanket Appaloosa
Gallery: Realistic Appaloosa
Medium: Acrylics and Pastels
Status: Painted 200? and Sold 200?
The one nice thing about the Add-a-Foals was I got very very good at turning out basic coat colors and patterns without sinking a lot of time into the model. When the horse is only costing someone $5, it’s a lot easier to let go of the perfectionism and play a little.
There are a few things I would tweak on this one if I got a chance to repaint him, but overall I think it came out nicely. The appy pattern is interesting enough to make him stand out on the shelf and he shipped with a base that would keep him from tipping over.
I started sending several of the molds out with simple Sculpy bases (some with train grass flocking) because they were too prone to taking nose-dives off the shelf. Nothing more frustrating than bumping a table and listening to the sound of domino-ing models!