This little gal was painted sometime in the mid 2000’s, but I haven’t been able to track down her paperwork quite yet. That’s the downside of storing things in several different mediums at once!
This gal was one of my fun splatterpaint creations that came to life because of experimentation I did trying to create a gold florentine with Florentine Flip. It’s a bit time consuming, since there are actually multiple layers of diluted browns and whites but the end result is worth it.
I honestly can’t say if she was meant to be a roan and then turned into an appaloosa or if I had this color in mind when I started. Red roan leopard appaloosa are a fun color and this really makes me want to paint another! 🙂
She’s another one of those horses that I regret selling… Ah well, in theory I can always paint another one! (In practice, of course, it’s never that easy.)
Medium: Gesso, Liquitex acrylics paints (unknown)
Leave a Reply