Mold: Saddlebred (G2)
Medium: Acrylics and Pastels
Status: Painted 2005 and Sold Feb 2005
This is one of the many many Saddlebred resculpts I did. It’s one of the simpler ones, all I did here was removed the mane and crop the tail. The ribbons are done in layers of paint rather than sculpting, which is sort of the lazy way, I supposed, but I think it came out well. I never really did master the art of sculpting little tiny things in epoxy– something to work on in the future!
As you can tell from the photos (and the nice blending job on the legs) this is one of the later horses, although I’m not sure exactly when it was painted. The dappling job is much subtler than I had done previously, but I think it might have come out better if I had done it in pastels instead of paints. *pokes model*
Still at least someone else out there thought she was worth taking home!