SexyMap is an addon that allows you to modify (and more importantly, move) the map that is normally in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I normally get my addons through Curse (hence the link), but to each their own.
You can get to the settings by right clicking on the minimap or through Options – Interface – Addons. From there things are pretty straightforward.
- Lock minimap – off so I can move it, then on later so it stays put
- Clamp to screen – off so that I can get it as close to the left side of the screen as possible.
- Scale – 1.5 (I may turn this down later, but for now I want it big enough to notice the Gatherer icons)
- AutoZoom – I’ll leave to the default for now.
- Buttons – are all set to hide until I hover over the map. (Since I most likely won’t need to use them often.
- Borders – I’m using the Preset called Simple Square, for lo, it works and I am lazy.
- Coordinates – Are off here and will be on for Overdraft
- Fader – is off, since I won’t be mousing over this map unless something goes wrong. (Mages are a squishy lot)
- HudMap – is off, since it’s relies on me paying more attention to the screen than will be healthy.
- Ping – off
- Zone Buttons – off
- Profiles – not really needed since the only toon that will be here is Stringtheory (or possibly another dual-boxnig alt, who will most likely have the same settings)