1. The river was wide, but not deep, which meant the caravan could cross easily– at least for values of ‘easily’ that included spending half the day reconfiguring the wagons to barges and back again.
2. The vines had woven themselves throughout the fence and hissed in annoyance as she unwound them from their conquered territory.
3. Patience wasn’t something she had much of, it had been a long year and too many things had gone wrong to suffer fools quietly– Even if she knew the only reason for the mistakes was the same bone-dead weariness they all suffered.
4. Thunderstorms clustered around the mountain where they hid, gnawing at the rocks with acid rains and electrical fury.
5. Loose lips did more than just sink ships, so when a leak was made more than just the speaker paid the price. Secrets are only secret if you keep them with the dead.