1. When you spent most of your time bouncing between dimensions, it helps to be self-employed; portals to other realities in the midst of traditional workplaces tend to produce more police reports than paychecks.
2. There are some things that can’t be undone, not with all the time and money in the world. As she looked over the shattered pieces, she realized this might be one of them.
3. In school tests started with a class bell and ended with a ‘pencils down’, outside of school things weren’t so well defined…
4. “I swear, if you start one more sentence with ‘but we’re never going to use this in real life’ I’ll–“
“But we aren’t!” the student whined, “That’s what the computers are for!”
“And if the computers break?”
“Then the computer guy will fix them!”
“And if there’s no computer guy there?”
“Then, seriously, this class is the LAST thing I’m going to be thinking of!”
5. “Are you ready for this?” He held her banner at the ready, but she could see the worry in his eyes. For the first time since she known him, the concern seemed genuine. She’d saved the world, and now it was time to pay the price.