1. She had made them, so she unmade them. Peeling skin from flesh, flesh from bone, she stripped them down to nothingness in a heartbeat.
2. Mankind was sort of like army ants, throwing themselves en mass against obstacles until they overcame them. So it really should have come as no surprise when the rest of the galaxy panicked and started throwing up as many obstacles as they could, in the hopes we’d finally run out of bodies to throw.
3. Stubborn doesn’t begin to describe Benjamin.
4. “I wish for a thousand wishes!”
“Wait, that actually works?”
“Why not? I’m immortal, I’ve got time.” The genie gave her a long look. “But no wishing for immortality yourself or the deal’s off.”
5. …and then there were penguins!