1. It took Helen three times as long to move, since half her time was spent putting up -or taking down- magical protections. Which said something about the state of the world, or just something about Helen, but Mari was just ready for it to be over.
2. Blue plus red is purple, but blue minus red is a color he can’t quite wrap his mind around.
3. ‘Three impossible things before breakfast’ wasn’t so much a motto as a sad indication that Sam’s life had taken a turn for the downright weird.
4. At least the mob was civil about it, she thought as she packed up her Evil Lab, although this had to be the first time in her life she’d been run out of town by lawyers…
5. It isn’t that she doesn’t want to go, she does with every fiber of her being, but there is something in her that hesitates against the finality of it all.