1. Nothing ever came between a boy and his dinosaur. Of course that might have had more to do with the dinosaur than any hackneyed metaphor, but she really wasn’t willing to stick around and find out.
2. The one thing you can never escape is the bugs.
3. I’d say something clever about never trust a cat when it’s got its eye on the mouse, but I really don’t have time for clever. I’m trying not to die.
4. There is something in the shadows, but there is always something in the shadows so it’s stopped be as interesting (or alarming) as it sounds.
5. Nothing beats a nice cold drink in the morning, something to offset the wave of crushing heat that spirals off the sun.