1. I might not agree with his methods, but the results were certainly impressive.
2. Three dogs were two dogs too many –or three dogs too many depending on who you asked– because when things came to a vote the dogs always won.
3. If anyone could make yellow socks and fuchsia shoes look good, it was Edward… and apparently no one could.
4. You could see the lights of the city from miles away, tiny glimmers of civilization scattered among the weeds.
5. There are only so many ways to start a story that takes place in a near-hurricane strength storm, in the middle of the night, on a deserted island, that’s haunted. Did I mention that none of them are good ways?