1. Having something isn’t the same thing as keeping something, which is a truth she would rather not have learned.
2. The sky is raining blood. Deep copper tears of rust run down buildings older than the oldest child and pools of ruddy liquid gather in the pavement cracks.
3. Down in the depths of the forest there is no light, just a wide leafy ceiling broken by glimmers of green.
4. Everyone goes mad sooner or later, it’s sort of a coming of age party for the recently hermit-ized.
5. ‘Going the distance normally’ involved doing things that were either a) hard or b) dangerous, and at the moment she wasn’t really in the mood for either.
Leave a Reply