1. Some choices are easy, like fudge ripple or butter pecan, some choices aren’t. Can you guess which one this was?
2. If you looked, you could find a narrow path, of sorts, twisting through the forest. Worn into the loam by kids or deer or kirin, it danced from rock to rock with an ease he had problems duplicating.
3. There was nothing quite as comforting as a good old fashioned mid-day nap.
4. Old City was technically neither old, nor a city, as it had been built less than a decade ago for a very specific non-urban purpose. Of course that hadn’t stopped the refugees from turning it into habitable space as soon as the apocalypse was over.
5. Choosing a magical companion animal wasn’t something one undertook lightly, after all choosing the wrong pet could absolutely ruin your chances at getting an invitation to the ball…