1. This is where the story ends, back where it began, standing in the ash and the mud and watching as the world burns.
2. For a long time he wished they had just let him wander, being lost was nothing compared to the suffering of being found.
3. Everyone knew where dragons came from; from eggs, from fire, from the islands of Illofan, but everyone was wrong.
4. And after everything was said and done, nothing had changed. She still had classes to pay for and finals to take, still faced twenty-six hours a week saying ‘have a nice day’ to people who rarely took the advice.
5. It was like watching the sky collapse, one sun after the other plunging behind billowing clouds of ash.