1. There was a very important distinction between ‘not being a quitter’ and the definition of insanity (i.e.: ‘doing the same thing and expecting different results’), but at the moment he couldn’t quite pin down the difference.
2. The sun was only a dim glow through the clouds, a half-hearted echo of the searing desert sun she was used to.
3. It always snowed on Mondays.
4. “Life isn’t about change, it’s about avoiding change, and the sooner you realize that, the happier you’ll be.”
5. The clans of the near side of the mountains didn’t grow hair as they aged, they lost it. Children grew with a protective covering of fur, safe from the biting colds of the Frozen mountains. Only as they aged, skin turning leathery and toughed to the elements, did the protective coverings finally fall away…