1. The new world was awash with searing light and the only shadows he could find were in the caves along the seashore. Even there the bioluminescence danced across his skin in nauseating flickers.
2. They followed their crops across the prairie as the plants slowly migrated with the rains.
3. “I’m the only one left who remembers,” she said when the doctors raised an eyebrow at the wide swath of centuries she wanted purged. “Send a copy to the Core, but I can’t carry it anymore.”
4. The first moments after upload were a blinding chaos of action and information. No longer limited by flesh, the scientists’ minds were freed to act as fast as processing allowed. When it came time to download, they fled.
5. Smuggling people using pocket dimensions was how I made my living, but every person I helped to rescue was one more person that knew my secret.