1. Life is a series of moments, not regrets.
2. It was a common story, a spaceship flung off course, its crew doomed to wander an alien galaxy alone… only that had been their goal, so Trish never really understood why everyone complained.
3. The problem with being immortal was that you got really tired of death.
4. It was a stupid quest, but she had the afternoon off and she was tired of studying.
5. The pain wasn’t like a knife, or like fire, or ice, or any of a thousand other metaphors. It was pain and it drowned out the world in a white flash of sensation.